Friday

The Best Part of Wakin' Up?

The folks at Folgers would say their coffee (and I so love it). As far as I'm concerned, one of the best things in life - not just waking up - is coffee. However, I'm thinking there's something more. I'm thinking of opportunity in life.
I sometimes complain about getting up in the morning - don't we all?! Once I'm up, the eyes are open and the brain has kicked in, I'm good. Prior to that however, it's a bit of a struggle - or it can be. Some people jump right out of bed every day with a smile right after they turn off the alarm clock. Some don't even use the snooze button. Really? I don't like those people. No, that's not fair. I am amazed by those people.
When I think about the days I jump right out of bed, there's a common thread - I'm excited about what's happening that day & can't wait to get started. Think about it. If you're going on a vacation, you jump out of bed with much more ease than if you're heading to work on a Monday morning. Why? Because you're really looking forward to your vacation. You can't wait to get going.
So, how do you jump out of bed every day with that same 'I'm going on vacation today!' mentality? Here's the key: love what you do. Every day. It's all about enjoying the work, the people, the concept, the outcomes, the people you help, the impact you make, your compensation, etc. If you don't currently enjoy what you do, then check out the possibilities.
No matter how bad things get in life, we always have opportunities. Really we do. If you don't think so, then you're not looking far enough - or in the right places. Opportunity is all around you - it's a matter of grabbing it.
I recognize that's not as easy as it sounds. If it's tough for you to be optimistic about the future, then change it. Opportunity is there, but you have to get up and go for it. You can have anything in life you want - if you're willing to work hard enough to get it. It's important to realize that if you need help, it's wiser to ask for that help than to continue on struggling. It's also important to remember that it takes time.
Now, grab a cup of coffee and go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment